The hands-down number one best way to participate in government is to show up at the City Council Board of Supervisors, Irrigation Districts or anyone of many committees/commissions that meet throughout the year.
City of Modesto
City Council Meetings
* 5:30 p.m. on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Tuesday of each month
* City Council Agendas & Minutes:
Board of Supervisor Meetings
* Tuesdays throughout the year. The meetings begin at 9:00 a.m., except on the third Tuesday of the month when they are held in the evening. The evening meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
* Board of Supervisors Agendas & Minutes: http://www.stancounty.com/bos/agenda/2018/
Modesto Irrigation District (MID)
Board of Directors Meetings
* Modesto Irrigation District Board of Directors
* 9 a.m. on the second Tuesday of each month
* Board of Directors Agendas & Minutes: http://www.mid.org/about/board/agenda/default.html
If you would like The Back Story to automatically send you breaking information on any of our ongoing investigations/reporting OR if you would like the Mayor to contact you: send an email to email@example.com